Wednesday, 26 October 2016

CA Damp & Mould Action Plan

An action plan for dealing with damp and mould in your SFA.
Here’s a downloadable infographic showing our process for any Damp and Mould issues raised with Carillionamey.

Are you Expecting a Baby? - Free Flu Jab Information

Click HERE for more information

Little Troopers Calendar 2017

Tuesday, 25 October 2016

Wednesday, 19 October 2016

NHS Online Therapy

RSPCA Fireworks Advice

RSPCAFireworks frighten animals Fireworks are enjoyed year-round by people but can be a source of fear for many animals. It doesn’t have to be that way though, so don’t ignore the problem. Seek advice from your vet who will if necessary; be able to refer you to a professional clinical animal behaviourist. You can also follow our top tips to make firework celebrations less frightening for your pet.

Keeping cats and dogs secure • Make sure your dog or cat always has somewhere to hide if he or she wants to and has access to this place at all times. For example this could be under some furniture or in a cupboard. • During firework seasons, walk dogs during daylight hours and keep cats and dogs indoors when fireworks are likely to be set off. • At nightfall close windows and curtains and put on music to mask and muffle the sound of fireworks. • It's fine to comfort your pet if it helps them relax, or leave them alone unless you think they will harm themselves. • Never punish your pets when they're scared as this will only makes things worse in the long run. • Make sure your cat or dog is always kept in a safe and secure environment and can’t escape if there’s a sudden noise. Have your pet microchipped in case they do escape.

Tuesday, 18 October 2016

Issues & Concerns Reporting

Do you have any issues or concerns?

This could be housing related, missed appointments, school admissions, employment problems, transport issues or anything else that is causing you concern.

The HIVE can help by reporting these through the Chain of Command.  

If you would like to report a concern in confidence - no names basis - 
 please contact the HIVE.

Monday, 17 October 2016

Recruit for Spouses

Sharon Eaves    Recruit  for Spouses  is the Midlands and Northern area contact.  If you would like to contact Sharon please e-mail her at the following e-mail address:
If you would like to access the Recruit for Spouses website please use the link below:

Tuesday, 11 October 2016

Smoke Alarm: Time To Test

MOD ICE (In Case of Emergencies) App

12 months ago the MOD ICE App was launched.  The app, which has been developed by the Ministry of Defence’s Joint Casualty and Compassionate Centre (JCCC), has now been downloaded over 25,000 times by British service personnel and their families since the launch in October 2015.
The MOD ICE app is available from the Defence Gateway internet site:

Thursday, 6 October 2016

Combating Condensation

Protecting your home and family in winter

The Services Cotswold Centre

The Services Cotswold Centre (SCC) is a tri-service facility managed by Headquarters Army Welfare Service (AWS) and funded by Headquarters Support Commands (HQ Sp Comd) on behalf of the MOD. It provides short term transit accommodation for service personnel, their spouses, civil partners and families.
The SCC accommodation comprises of 60 self contained chalet style homes and is located near Corsham, Wiltshire in the United Kingdom.
To Book Telephone: civilian 01225 810 358, military (9)4382 4521

TV Licence: Armed forces personnel

Find out how to check if you need a TV Licence when you’re on base, what it covers and how much it cost. 

A TV Licence is not included in your monthly food and accommodation charges. In Ministry of Defence (MOD) living accommodation, on or off base, you need to be covered by a TV Licence if you watch or record programmes as they’re being shown on TV – on any device. That includes TVs, computers, tablets, mobile phones, games consoles, digital boxes and DVD/VHS recorders.It’s your responsibility to check if you need a TV Licence and buy one if you do. The Ministry of Defence fully supports us in applying the law regarding TV Licensing. If we find evidence you’re watching TV illegally, you risk prosecution and a fine of up to £1,000.                                                                             
  A TV Licence costs £145.50. You can spread the cost with a Direct Debit or pay in one go

CA SFA: Everyday Living – Repairs And Maintenance

Repairs and maintenance in your Service Family Accommodation.
What are YOU responsible for? 

Tuesday, 4 October 2016